It has been a long time ago since I coloured some Easter eggs. But it was a great thing to do. Especially with kids it is a lot of fun, I think.
The kid in me was very excited. Your kitchen looks like a little science lab. And the results are simple but beautiful. It is great to add some colours to your breakfast or brunch table
- Remove the stamps on the egg shell with some drops of vinegar. Drop them on a kitchen towel and carefully swipe the marks away.
- For the colour: I used some simple egg colours I found in the supermarket. Per colour I used 250 ml cold water, 2 spoons of vinegar and one colour pellet.
- Boil the eggs and put the warm eggs in the container with the egg colour. Wait for five minutes.
- Put the eggs on some kitchen paper and let them dry.
- If you rub some natural oil on the eggs, they will get a bit shiny.